Christos Folias was born in Thessaloniki (1951).
He studied Economics (BA Economics) at the American University of Beirut (1975).
He is married to Tula Vagianou and has three children.
* Member of the European Parliament with Nea Dimokratia (1999-2004)
* Member of the Greek Parliament with Nea Democratia and Deputy Minister of Economy and Finance (2004-2007)
* Minister of Development, responsible for Energy, Industry, Trade, Consumers, Research and Technology (2007-2009)
Most of his life he has been involved in business.
He is a cofounder of “GOODY’S” chain of Hamburger Restaurants.
He is the Managing Director of “FOLIAS S.A. DAIRY INDUSTRY-EXPORTS” and the C.E.O. of “FOLIAS & ASSOCIATES”.
* President of the “National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce” (1997-2003),
* Vice President of the European Confederation of Trade «EuroCommerce» (1999-2004),
* Co-President of SME Union of the European People’s Party (2003-2005),
* Member of the European Economic and Social Committee (1994-1999),
* Member of the Executive Board of the Foundation “Robert Schuman” (1999-2004),
* Member of the executive committee of the Institute for Democracy “Constantinos Karamanlis” (1997-2003),
* The President of the “Arab-Hellenic Chamber for Commerce and Development” (2010-2012),
* The Vice-President of the “Hellenic-Australian Business Council”.